Thursday, July 19, 2012

We've all done something

It could be sheer luck my children are in one piece

A friend called the other day because her seven month old fell out of the pack and play because she was still using it as a bassinet. Stupid new mon, you may think, but think again. How many times have you done something, not thinking too much into it.

I have three great stories, one for each kid and I'd love to tell them in vivid detail and set the stage for each event but considering I'm on the toilet and I parked the kids in front of the tv with a bin of beads and pipe cleaners, my time is limited..... So here is the short version.

Connor- six months old, at the park feeding the animals, didn't put the brakes on the stroller and turned to feed the llama, he went flying down a hill, hit a tree, and tipped over. He will never remember, I will never forget. Explains his fear of kiddie roller coasters though.

Olivia- four months old, a lot of work, days without a shower. I finally make the call to let her scream forever so I could take a real shower, shave legs and the works. I put her in the swing but didn't buckle her. 20 min later, I'm in my towel, go to check on her, can't believe she didn't pass out from screaming, and she her on her belly, lower body hanging out of the swing, little hands holding on for dear life as she swings back and forth back and forth!!!!

Owen, 2 months old (let me remind you that at the time Olivia was 16 months and Connor not three yet). I was packing everyone up to head to the cape to visit a friend for the day. I put two kids in the car, back inside, hog the diaper bag, cooler, blankets for the ride, get Owen, go back in, get coffee, gps, the whole nine yard!!! Finally!!! I'm ready!!! Start pulling out of my driveway and sitting there in the driveway is owen, all buckled in his car seat, ready to go......I never put him in the van!!!

So we all do it

At least that's what I tell myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment